Are you an enthusiast of analyzing industry trends and demand patterns? Are you searching for an environment offering the ability to collaborate in the implementation of an S&OP process?
In joining our team as a Demand Planner, you will be a part of a growing stimulating team wherein the future is full of possibilities.
The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products (specific SKU’s and Channel) and is the integration point between Sales, Marketing, and Inventory management. This includes being responsible for the creation of a statistical forecast and supporting continuous improvement initiatives focused on streamlining planning processes and reducing non-value-add activities.
The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gather from various sources including Sales/Channels, Marketing, Operations and Finance and facilitating agreement on a Consensus Demand Plan.
This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing.
- Develop and maintain a monthly demand plan in $/units for specific SKUs, Channel and/or Customers by utilizing various inputs including statistical forecasts, sales projections, point of sale data, promotions, product roadmaps, and market intelligence
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Monitor promotions, events and market conditions to ensure accurate demand planning
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy and reduce forecast bias
- Develop demand plans, and business process, for new product introductions and end of life products
- Execute corrective actions to update the demand plan and resolve gaps between actual orders and Consensus Demand Plan (CDP)
- Participate in cross functional consensus demand planning meetings to align on a Consensus Demand Plan (CDP) and ensure timely hand off of CDP to the Supply Planning team
- Support the S&OP process
• BA or BS degree in Business Administration, Supply chain, or other relevant field
• APICS CPIM certification an asset
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES & APTITUDES
• 3 - 5 years experience in a demand planning/forecasting role or supply chain planning
• Demonstrated understanding of supply chain processes, specifically forecasting and demand planning
• Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
• In-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to gather data and use statistical techniques for analysis
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration abilities
• Experience conducting or participating in demand planning meetings
• Strong Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Access etc.) skills
• Use of SAP and forecasting software
• Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self starter with excellent organization and time management skills
It is the employee's responsibility to:
- Perform the tasks as defined in the job description
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of the activities under their responsibility
- Work professionally with different departments
- Inform the immediate supervisor of any issues and concerns