The Sales Representative will be responsible for serving supermarkets on Vancouver Island (Nanaimo north) . The goal will be to take care of all aspects of sales by providing exceptional customer service.
** PART-TIME - 4 to 8 days a month on the island
- Plan the visits
- Meet the store manager, take orders, if applicable, and present upcoming announcements
- Use the promotional material available
- Check previous orders and follow up on all future orders
- In-store, check labels, prices, product rotation and condition
- Place and maintain inventory
- Send the order (s) to the order desk
- Complete weekly visit, mileage and expense reports
- Be responsible for in-store layouts, if applicable
- Serve a clientele already established at the supermarket level
- Answer questions from store managers
- In conjunction with the order desk, handle complaints from store managers
- All other related tasks such as: checking prices, helping to set up shelves, checking expiration dates on certain products, doing sales "blitzes" on certain targeted products, helping to do certain checks in the office
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
- Experience of at least 2 years as a representative / merchandiser
- Fluency in English both orally and in writing - an asset
- Experience in the food industry (an asset)
- Valid driver's license and automobile
- Ability to promote products and services
- Focused on customer service and results
- Great autonomy
- Good communicator and negotiator
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure (traffic, bad weather, unforeseen situations, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, schedules and customer requirements
- Maintain client objectives by ensuring client and company objectives are met by maintaining full distribution, stock, signage and schematics on existing SKUs and secondary product placements. Approx. 100 warehouse accounts
- Authorize items to meet client shelf schematic standards.
- Prepare for and respond to audits.
- Manage time and prioritize for store call coverage.
- Complete accurate and timely paperwork and reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- Communicate effectively both internally with Company management and externally with all customers, building rapport with clients and customers.
- Field questions and proactively develop action plans to resolve issues.
- High School Diploma or higher education or equivalent job-related experience.
- Prior retail merchandising and sales experience - an asset.
- Aggressive self-starter with a strong bias for action and results orientation.
- High sense of urgency; strong drive and passion to win.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills; position requires. Daily discussions with customers at all personnel levels.
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Adaptability to changing demands, priorities, circumstances and directions.
- Ability to work independently, but also successful team-building
* 12 month contract to cover a maternity leave.
This position will have a base salary, DSD sales commissions salary and bonus possibilities.
Part-time. Work that can be done under pressure at peak times and may require overtime on occasion.
The incumbent receives direct supervision from his immediate supervisor, the director of Sales – West, during ad hoc meetings.
The aim of these meetings is to share on the progress of the various projects in progress. Immediate superiors intervene as needed to set general objectives and to identify problematic elements.