Do you approach your work with precision, focus and attention to detail? You have a strong analytical profile? You have great interpersonal skills and are results-oriented? You have a strong financial background? You are organized and focused?
This role may be just for you!
Reporting to the CFO, the Deduction Analyst is a key member of the Finance team. This position focuses on customer deduction reconciliations, analysis, and drives to recoup commercial retail-related charges to the Company from retailers with the objective of protecting the Company’s revenues/profitability.
- Ensure that all customer’s deduction / charges are managed, controlled, and challenged if not justified at the account level; Non-compliance charges, fill rate fines, recall costs and fees, pricing audits, etc.
- Identify and follow up with Key Account Managers all retailer deductions with the objective of challenging the deductions (promos, post audits, etc.).
- Work in collaboration with Brand Managers and Procurement to identify and follow up on retailer non-compliance fines.
- Prepare documentation to support the issuance of re-billing for any invalid deductions.
- Pursue and monitor collections of re-bills. Ensure closing the loop on the whole cycle – charge identified, invoiced, booked in accounting and re-payment is complete.
- Work in conjunction with the Margin Revenue Analyst to optimize the flow of information of customer deductions that may be valid for chargeback to suppliers
- Execute deduction reporting for KPI measurements including root cause analysis and improvement such as; customer-error rates, minimization of deductions
PROFILE AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical skills, focused on problem solving and results-oriented
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of debits and credits, account balancing and reconciliation procedures
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English and French
- Ability to learn and quickly use new technologies and software
- SAP ERP experience an asset
- Autonomy and ability to work with different teams
- CPG experience definite asset
- Advanced level excel knowledge